Spring is finally here!
For the karting industry, that means it's time to go racing. We know everyone is busy restocking their inventory for the 2019 season, so we thought we would give out a few tips and product suggestions to make the process a little simpler. Hopefully, this will help you avoid some potential headaches this season.
Don't get caught sleeping on the start!
1. Be sure to check all bearings and rear lube rings for wear. This is a commonly overlooked area, and can rob you of potential speed.
2. Replace your chain and throttle cable, to avoid issues.
3. Check all fasteners and safety clips to avoid part failures.
4. Check your seat, body, bumpers, and nerf bars to make sure they aren't in a bind, thus robbing you of your max performance.
1. Replace all fuel lines and filters, as old fuel line becomes hard and can cause issues.
2. Be sure to replace your spark plug, and remove the bowl from your carburetor to make sure its clean and working well.
3. Check all bolts and gaskets for any potential issues.
4. Be sure to check with your engine builder for any rule changes that may affect your engine.
Here are a few raceday must-have's you don't want to forget: